Just finished my new K-1 build and seem to be having way too much noise on
receive.
I used my TS-590s into a dummy load at it's minimum output of 5w on one side
of the room and the K-1 into another dummy load on the other for signal
generation and freq alignment (the 590 has a freq stabilizer installed).
All the alignments went well and the K-1 fine tuned with full output power
on both boards.  I have (40/20) installed now and a (30/17).
However, the noise levels with and without an antenna connected are
identical.  It's more hard of hearing than I am.  I've read some previous
posts regarding receiver sense and the possibility of a bad Q10.  I was
wondering if the recommendations would be the same in my case.  Should I
remove Q10 and see if that does the trick?   I was hoping to take the rig on
vacation with me.  If the replacement doesn't make it before I leave, would
it be ok to take the rig with me and replace the transistor when I return?

  Thanks for the advice.  I love this little rig and want it to run well.

Joe, KH7AX.  Hawaii County