I don't have the schematic in front of me, but I had this same problem when I did my build, and I finally traced it down to a diode that I somehow failed to install. Usual signal tracing applies -- you have audio, so work your way back, stage by stage, until the signal disappears :). Most of the time, just touching a screwdriver to a part in the signal path is enough to let you know where the path is in-tact, and where it's broken!