Thanks for getting back to me Don.  I’m a bit confused.  The rig aligned and I
am hearing the signal my ts590 sends  over the noise that I’m talking about.
Won’t I be finding this same signal also with the RF probe if I’m already
listening to it come through the speaker?   Or are you saying that it should be
louder than what I’m hearing and with the probe I could make better
measurements?  I don’t have the capability to attenuate what the 590 puts into
that dummy load below 5 watts.

  Thanks for your patience!!  I appreciate it immensely.

Joe C.