Hi Robert,

K3(S) operators often set the DSP bandwidth to the roofing filter width
having bought the filter with operating at that bandwidth in mind. However
the DSP bandwidth is variable. As this is varied the radio will use the
roofer equal to or next larger than the DSP bandwidth.

Operating a K3(S) roofing filter and DSP with coinciding skirts produces
exceptional quick rejection of close interference, which is very useful
"running" in a contest, particularly on CW.

Hope this helps.

73, Guy K2AV

--
Sent via Gmail Mobile on my iPhone