Robert,

Actually there is no good comparison with either your Yaesu or the TenTec.
The DSP sets the ultimate signal bandwidth and is continuously variable from greater than 2.8kHz down to 50 Hz. There is no specific CW filter. Adjust for a width that is appropriate for your mode, band conditions and your personal choice of a good filter width.

That leaves the question of the roofing filter(s) unanswered. The K3 (or K3S) will work with only the stock 2.7kHz or the 8 pole 2.8kHz filter - you must have one or the other in the K3. Other roofing filters may be desirable in your K3 when you are working in crowded band conditions where there may be strong nearby signals that are outside your DSP filter, yet are within the passband of the roofing filter - in other words, you may not hear them. Those strong signals will activate the hardware AGC (which is there mainly to protect the A to D converter from overload). If those signals activate the Hdwr AGC, you will hear "AGC Pumping" in the receiver and the receiver sensitivity will be reduced when that strong signal transmits. The cure for the effects above is to add narrow roofing filters to reduce the K3 response to those nearby strong signals. The roofing filters are automatically switched in as you narrow the DSP filter bandwidth.

73,
Don W3FPR