Cascading:
The only cascading filtering is first the xtal filter and then the DSP filter. (So there's only one xtal filter)

400Hz-500Hz:
Yes listening to a wider DSP filter than Xtal filter is pointless. Although (if configured correctly) the K3 will switch to a wider Xtal filter (if there is one) if you widen up the DSP.

Analog demodulation:
Demodulation in the K3 is DSP. There is not menu setting to get around this.

73
Arie PA3A