with that sort of power level, you are looking at several devices failing, and
making the system deaf as a post.

 KK4QDZ - Now with Extra Class Priv's, and a tiny KX3 to enjoy them!
      From: David Gilbert <xda...@cis-broadband.com>
 To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2015 3:46 AM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 FD report in high RF (K3 vs Flex 6xxx)

"Maybe it was something with the setup."

That's an understatement.

Running kilowatt-level power on the same band to two antennas only 20
feet apart is simply crazy.  I don't know what input protection the
KX3's have, but they almost certainly kicked in and being inherently
non-linear they would have generated all sorts of high level trash on
the front end.  It would be interesting to see the math, but I think
you're lucky you didn't blow the heck out of both front ends in spite of
the protection.

Dave  AB7E

Message delivered to billblomg...@yahoo.com