From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Joe
Subich, W4TV
Sent: Friday, July 03, 2015 9:21 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 FD report in high RF (K3 vs Flex 6xxx)

 > What would people expect for power loss between the G5RV and the
 > beam?  Based on other comments, distance, and the beam heading the
 > wrong way, I'd guess about 50 dB.

50 dB is probably optimistic.  The equation for free space path loss
(coupling between antennas) is -40 dB + antenna gain - a wavelength
dependent factor.  However, that only holds in the far field (30m is
near field for anything below 144 MHz).

My hunch is that the isolation between two resonant antennas in
the near field will be something less than 30 dB unless they are
[reasonably] collinear.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

Message delivered to b...@wjschmidt.com