From: "Don Wilhelm" <w3...@embarqmail.com>
Sent: ‎3/‎09/‎2015 10:25 AM
To: "elecraft@mailman.qth.net" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Icom IC-7300

The "King of SDR" computer driven radios is coming out with a box with
knobs.  Perhaps lesson learned that everyone does not like those touch
sensitive, menu driven, color display radios.  Besides, why rely on a
computer to run your transceiver when it can be done easily as a
standalone device when no computer is available or desired.
I have tried tuning with a mouse wheel and clicking on a display with
several rig software applications, and I think tuning with a real knob
is a lot more convenient and satisfying to me.

73,
Don W3FPR

Message delivered to vk1zzg...@gmail.com