PCBs (FR-4) are glass reinforced epoxy, not polyester (I think the old, brown ones (SRBP) are paper reinforced urea-formaldehyde). Also the resin component is cross-linked, whereas the article is talking about thinning the uncured (un-crosslinked) resin. (Glass reinforced polyester is used in car body repairs because it is cheaper than epoxy.)

I'm not saying that acetone is a good thing to use on electronics, only that the rationale in relation to PCBs is flawed.

Incidentally, methanol, an alcohol, softens, but doesn't dissolve, cured epoxy.

--
David Woolley
Owner/builder K2 06123