Good explaination, Wayne. But it doesn't answer the question of "When?". ;-) Any news on that?

Tnx, Olli

Contest, DX & radio projects: http://www.dh8bqa.de

Am 09.09.2015 um 06:10 schrieb Wayne Burdick:
Hi Gary,

The advantage of the KIO3B is that it can replace three cables (RS232, LINE IN,
LINE OUT) with a single USB cable. Some want it just to reduce clutter at their
home station, while others take the rig camping, RV-ing, hotel-inc, etc., and
want it for the reduction in stuff they need to bring and hook up each time.

The USB port works with Windows, Linux and Apple platforms. There's also still
an RS232 port for support of existing installations (adapter cable from RJ45 to
DE9 provided).

73,
Wayne
N6KR