The advice I received was to try the radio stock then select what I needed.  I
didn't want to deal with offsets or aligning filters when I eventually get the
sub RX. Because of this I opted to upgrade to the 2.8KHz and purchased the
400Hz on this list. When I get the sub rx I'll buy 250Hz x2, and duplicate the
filters in the main rx.

My I ideas (which may be wrong) are to strongly leverage diversity rx (two
separate antennas and receivers).

I was planning to get the P3 first but I'm using a poor man's Panadapter  (SDR
and HDSDR software which works very well. I'm not sure what the P3 will do for
me at $700 that my current setup won't other than look nice and allow pc-less
operation. I use HRD for logging anyway so... (shrug).

I've found under normal use with the filters not configured the receiver works
really well. Where the filters seem to matter is when trying to hear weak
signals near VERY close and strong signals. Even without the filters it's
copyable after some fiddling. The filters make it easy for me. Play with the
rig and learn all the buttons and features.

While waiting for the new K3S book to come out  ( to be released soon enough so
I pre- ordered/paid) I went ahead and bought the current K3 book and it's
answering most of questions.

Hope this helps
Jer
AE4PB -K3S S.N. 10324