Yes Gary, I saw that QEX article and the new one in QEX this month that
discusses the possibility of external CESSB processing for existing SSB rigs,
and how different types of SSB modulators preserve the CESSB signal or not. He
explains there may be benefits to using ECSSB externally even with a rig that
do not preserve the ECSSB completely.

Although there are not commercial external ECSSB processors available, in the
QEX article there is a link to ECSSB audio test files which can be used to
evaluate with a scope looking at the RF envelope whether or not a rig is "ECSSB
ready". It will be interesting to test this with my KX3 into a load.

The new QEX article:

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/QEX_Next_Issue/2016/January_February_2016/Hershberger_QEX_1_16.pdf

Perhaps we are going off topic, but no doubt we will hear more about ECSSB in
the years to come, and hopefully with their DSP expertise Elecraft will be
participating.

73 from David GM4JJJ