-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Manuel Wilches
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2006 4:02 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K2 RECEIVER: WHERE ARE THE SIGNALS?

Gentlemen: the signals are here!

I had my 160 plug-in Rework Eliminator plugged-in backwards... (my apologies
to Gary and Ken!) I had looked at all headers so many times and it never
looked wrong to me until Don wrote the word "position" in his message. The
good part is, indeed these Rework Eliminators do their job. Now I can go
ahead and install all options with no fear.

Thank you very much indeed Don, Bob, Jim and José for your words of wisdom
and guidance.
I woke up this morning, saw your messages, went to the radio, change de the
Header's position and my faithful GP gave me a lot of signals, and strong
ones too, immediately. What a relief!

Because of the header's position shall I do the whole calibration/alignment
step-by-step  (page 60 to page 64) procedure of PART II all over again? I am
also concerned about final adjustments of L34 and L1+L2 as I have to rely on
regular noise to do that. No signal generator here. The 7000 khz weak
internally-generated signal is there.

By the way: my good old childhood friend, José - CT1AOZ, knows my
inabilities to deal with components and soldering irons since we were high
school kids and he has been very worried about me hi hi
Relax Zé...the K2 is coming on with a little help from my friends...Be proud
old chap.

73
Manuel
LU5OM