mstang...@comcast.net [Elecraft_K3] <elecraft...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> Wayne,
>
> It look interesting. Can you explain the connections for data, power and
> firmware upgrades in detail:
>
> * USB port for firmware loading and future equipment/computer control
> applications

There will be a "K-Pod Utility" for firmware loading. Over time it will gain
the ability to configure the K-Pod switches, LEDs, USB port, and
general-purpose outputs in various ways.

> * simple connection to K3 or K3S--uses the 6-pin RJ-style jack beneath the
> front panel
> * flexible power source: rear 12-V jack on the radio, DC barrel jack,
> USB port, or even through the 6-pin data cable, with minor radio modification
> (the latter method results in a single cable to the K-Pod for data and power)
>
> It would be nice to have one connection to the radio. I guess this would be
> the 6-pin data cable.

This is the idea. There will be a mod to power the pod through the data cable.
Details pending.

> Can I upgrade the firmware to the Pod via this connection from the RS-232 or
> USB port on the K3/K3S?

As of now the plan is to use the USB port on the K-Pod for updating its
firmware.

Wayne
N6KR