At minimum, you need a data cable (to the RJ jack on beneath the rig's front
panel). This cable can optionally supply power to the pod as well. Or you can
use an external supply.

The USB cable would only be needed when updating the firmware, and even that
might be possible through the data cable.

Wayne
N6KR