So, it needs the control cable, a power cable and could possibly have a third cable for USB?

 Joe KK5NA
On 4/14/2016 11:41 AM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
On Apr 14, 2016, at 9:33 AM, Mike Dodd <m...@mdodd.com> wrote:

The K-Pod datasheet says, "A USB port is provided on the K-Pod for firmware updates
and future station control uses."

Does this mean I can connect the USB cable to my PC only when I want to upgrade
the firmware using the K-Pod Utility?

Or must the USB be always connected?
You'd only need to connect the USB cable if you were using the K-Pod Utility
app to update your pod's firmware or change its switch behavior.

On the other hand, with future firmware (not committing to anything, yet!) the
K-Pod should be able to emulate a mouse, keyboard, or some combination of these
via its USB port. So you could use it as a general-purpose input device to
control software applications.

Wayne
N6KR

Message delivered to kk...@kk5na.com