I have K3 s/n 6866 with internal 2m transverter.  I have not paid much
attention to the transverter for a while but I noticed something odd a
couple days ago and have not been able to do anything about it.

If I set the Elecraft XG3 to 144.100 and feed its output into the
transverter input connector, the signal shows up at 144.095, 5 KHz low.

If I tell this K3 to output 2m rf on 144.100, I hear the signal at 144.015
on K3 s/n 6425 which has an external 2m transverter.

I first noticed this when monitoring a local 2m FM repeater and could not
copy its output until I tuned 5 KHz low.

The K3 does have an external 10 MHz clock and CONFIG REF CAL has the
blinking asterisk.  FWIW, the value shown is 49.379.962.

CONFIG XV OFS is 144  -0.08 and cannot be changed, when I go to adjust it
REFLOCK appears.

What's up Doc?

Jim/N1NK