To: "Elecraft Discussion List" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 10:19 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] Gearing up to build - where to get tools?

Hey folks,

I have some tools but will need more for the K2.  I have a Weller WTCPT
(or whatever it is) soldering station with two tips.  Both have a "7" on
the bottom (700 degree?).  One is the original and one is a very thin
pointy tip.

I have a static mat, a clear bench and a workable light.

I'm thinking I need the following and wonder if there is a preferred
place to get them at a fair price?
 - Solder
 - Small side cutters
 - Small needle nose pliers
 - Other tips for the weller
 - Helping hands parts holder
 - Solder braid (for desoldering)

I have access to a vacuum desolder station so if things get bad I can go
that route.

Where should I get these things?  What else do I need?

- Keith KD1E -