David
I thought at the price I paid for the KX3 I shouldn't have to do the
compensation nor run the KX3 at such reduced power once compensated. My trusty
old FT817 worked fine.
I also assumed Elecraft would address the issue with an updated KX3 -ie an
'KX3s' at  some point.
So I sold it awaiting the 'upgrade' which turned out to be the KX2 !
Which is far more stable out of the box.
I'm happy to now order a KX2!
73/72
Dan VA3MA