Jim,

Nice run down!

Re this "If you want something more compact to carry up the trail with your KX2 or KX3, look at lightweight computer headsets, which plug into those radios directly, or with a simple adapter you can buy on amazon for $5." could you be more specific on the simple adapter at Amazon? I have one somewhere but cannot find it, so need a replacement.

73, Phil W7OX