Kevin is absolutely correct. With wire antennas running QRP in the IARU contest, I logged:

   4 QSOs on 160M
   7 QSOs on  80M
  11 QSOs on  40M
  37 QSOs on  20M
   2 QSOs on  15M

These scores aren't going to win any contest, but they do show the bands are open and I certainly had fun. I will note that one of the 15M contacts was with ZW0HQ. Other bands included contacts with Alaska, Hawaii, Japan, and Ontario, so it wasn't just local stations.

73 Bill AE6JV