On Mon,7/11/2016 11:36 AM, stengrevics wrote:
To deal with a power line noise problem, someone suggested I try an
uninterruptible power supply (UPS).

Bad idea, for several reasons. First, power line noise is created by a defective component in the power system arcing, and radiated by power wiring close to the where the arc occurs. This radiated noise is like any other RF signal -- it propagates, and our antennas receive it. It is VERY unlikely to be conducted into our equipment via our own power wiring.

Second, UPS units are often noise sources themselves.

Third, how do you know that what you hear is power line noise? Much of the noise we hear in our radios is created by electronic equipment of all sorts.

Study http://k9yc.com/KillingReceiveNoise.pdf

73, Jim K9YC