No problem Ron...  So can someone tell me:

Is the Elecraft cable that comes with the K-Pod a simple straight
through cable?

What wire color or color/stripe conductor is on each pin?

I dug through the schematics, et al last night and figured out what each
is named...  Just wondering if any thought was given to which pins share
paired conductors, why, and if anyone considered the twist rate in
choosing which pair to use to carry a signal/voltage...

Since only 5 of 6 conductors are used, one conductor has no paired mate...

It's a thought experiment for now...

But the REASON is to see if the standard cable is optimized as is for
using an EXTENDED cable...  e.g. I want to figure out how long we can
make the cable before timing/sig degradation, etc becomes an issue...

Also, I think I have seen at least one report where the cable
construction MIGHT have been the issue...

"Roll your own" isn't as simple as one might think when the paired
signals are not differential "mates".

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises