Thanks Ron...

I know it is straight through, but the color codes on the shipping cable
are key to my research/testing so I can determine:

1) Which signals are paired/not paired, and

2) Which pair signals are on (due to the differing twist rate on each pair).

If the shipping cable isn't using twisted pair, I would be even more
interested in doing some testing...

Again, my ??s revolve around making extended cables and finding out how
long they can be extended before "issues" arise...

There are a number of ways to "trick" signal circuits into allowing
longer than "standard" cables as "within spec".

We made 30 foot long IDE cables that worked fine back when they were
telling us that they could be no longer than 24 inches max...  We also
made standard length cables that actually IMPOROVED IDE HDD performance
because we "cleaned up" the signals in various ways...

As I said... just a thought exercise at the moment...

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises
(318) 518-1389