Vic,

I was first licensed in 1955 and cycle 19 (the granddaddy of them all) was on the rise. Those were the times when you could work the world with 10 watts on 10 meters during the daytime hours.

Those were exciting times for ham radio, but we have not seen anything like it since. It appears we are declining in sunspot numbers rapidly this cycle. I just wonder what the next few years will bring propagation wise.

Ham radio is still exciting, but the ability to work far DX contacts with ease is not with us anymore - we just have to work harder at it, but it is possible, pick the right band and the right time of day, and have patience. It may force more DX operators to use CW or data modes.

73,
Don W3FPR