On 16-07-21 10:43 PM, Don Wilhelm wrote:
I was first licensed in 1955 and cycle 19 (the granddaddy of them all) was
on the rise.
Those were the times when you could work the world with 10 watts on 10
meters during the daytime hours.

The bands would have been a lot quieter back in the 50's as there was neither the population density nor the amount of technology to pollute the airwaves with stray RF signals.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.