On Thu,9/1/2016 10:19 AM, w...@comcast.net wrote:
My primary usage will be SSB and CW contesting, and very occasional SSB and CW
DXing.

My ears find a 1.8 kHz roofing filter too narrow for SSB, preferring 2.1 kHz. The DSP IF can always be set narrower if desired.

I first bought 400 Hz 8-pole CW filters and later 250 Hz 8-pole. I nearly always use the 250 Hz filter on CW. I only use the 400 Hz filter for RTTY.

Diversity is VERY useful on 160, 80, 40, and even 30M. I find that I nearly always use diversity to pull out seak signals, so I have only put the narrowest filters in the second RX.

Diversity is useful in several ways. First, to overcome selective fading -- that simply requires antennas spatially separated from each other. Second, for multiple directivities, both vertical and horizontally. My second RX is usually connected to a Beverage.

73, Jim K9YC