On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 6:10 PM, Bill <k9...@live.com> wrote:

> I use two 8 pole at 1.8Khz with the DSP set for 2.1.  I like the way it
> sounds and works.
> Bill
> K9YEQ

That's pretty interesting if you actually have the filters defined in the
K3/K3s as 1.8 kHz. Because what will happen when you set front panel WIDTH
control (the DSP width) to 2.1 is that the K3 will engage filters defined
as 2.1, or the next wider set of filters and will NOT be using the 1.8's.

However if you deliberately define those 1.8 filters as 2.1 in the filter
setup, then you will basically be hearing the selectivity of the two 1.8
roofers when your WIDTH control is at 2.1.

I have my 8 pole 1.8 roofers defined as 1.8. Can't stand them for casual
SSB & yak fests, but they are cat's meow for SSB contests. I have to ride
the shift control all the time for intelligibility, but that's better than
not being able to understand because the crud is terrible above or below.
If crud is terrible above AND below, some part of it is going to be IN the
bandpass and I have to give up and move.

73, Guy K2AV