PS: I have just gotten new hearing aids that have bluetooth capability. Soon will try using the audio appliance to interface with headphone output of the K3, which will eliminate all speakers (if it works well). It works well when used with my iphone, so likely will be nice for working weak-signals with the radio (my biggest challenge is hearing in white-noise).

But for casual haming with armchair signals the big old ten inch National speaker sounds real nice with the K3.
http://www.kl7uw.com/Shack2011_1.jpg  speaker at left side of photo

I use the COMspkr from West Mountain with my KX3 in the shack and will use the KX3 mobile with the Sync in my truck.

And note in this 1958 photo of my Novice station the speaker (and also the headphones) next to the typewriter!
http://www.kl7uw.com/1958%20HamStation.jpg

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
    "Kits made by KL7UW"