The problem doesn't arise when only replying to the list.
The problem is that far too many list users don't bother to delete the previous senders addresses in the REPLY TO list
and therefore send out several replies to each message.
Invariably, if someone replies to my post, I get the reply to the list and an unwanted duplicate reply to me. That reply to me is effectively spam.

Please guys, delete the addrresses you don't absolutely NEED to send to and also prune the rubbish from the message you're replying to.

KZ5A wrote:
Don,

You may have missed the point.  The original post was regarding someone
complaining about hitting a spam filter when respond to an inquiry made TO
THE LIST.  In which case the originator of the inquiry has no particular
idea who will respond.