Hello Guy, Ian, Don, Eric, Ed…...

Very enlightening posts, thank you!

As a ham who has only, in the last 12 months, returned on air after 30 years,
this information is very relevant.

So on your advice I did some more testing and can confirm that using WinK3Suite
remotely via the RemoteRig K3-Twin system works perfectly for CW/RTTY/PSK. No
need to use Fldigi/sound card or USB for those modes….nice and clean.

For JT65/JT9, which cannot be provided “in the box”, I am forced to use the
sound card tones at the control end of the remote link (which the RemoteRig
appliances send to the remote K3S via the MIC IN).

Elecraft Support insist that I should use DATA-A and keep a close eye on the
ALC so as not to cause any spectrum problems.  Ed, thanks for doing the tests.
I assume WSJT-X is the same as WSJT10, so I think I’m all good.

I must say that I am having a ball on these new digital modes and enjoying
DX’ing much more than I ever did 30 years ago.  The ability to work an Iraq
station on JT65 at -20dB who was running 30W into a dipole is extraordinary,
particularly from this part of the world in a declining sunspot cycle.

Best 73, Graham VK3GA