Nice explanation Al.  It's nice to know that the K3 ranks high on the
charts, but I agree that 'usability' and 'listenability' are underrated.
Before I purchased my K3, I went to AES in Wickliffe and listened to
several receivers.  I liked the sound of the Kenwoods, but I liked the
'modularity' of the Elecraft K3.  I was also influenced by my conversations
with Eric and Wayne at Dayton.

73,
Art  WB8ENE