In the past I installed quite a few power poles with a crimper that was not
designed for it. Then a friend bought the purpose-built crimper, which I
borrowed several times. HUGE difference. Makes it almost fun!
My dear wife took note of this, and conspired with my friend to get one
under the tree last Christmas. Now we're all happy.
The purpose built crimper is much faster, but more importantly it makes
much better quality connections, and they always slip easily into the
plastic housing because the crimps are perfectly formed. Proper tools are
well worth the investment ( as is my dear wife).
73 de W0ZF