Fred:  Turns out I had already read everything you suggested, and did
correctly understand the compensation, however...

-73dbm at the antenna, signal generator only (no noise)

does =S9 on the KX3, and does not = -73dbm on PX3  (Lvl Mode = scale:db)

Per PX3 manual page 23 bottom right paragraph 5th sentence down:

"The indicated dBm level should be the signal level at the signal level
at the KX3 antenna input"

In my case this is not true, I am seeing about a 10-12dBm difference.
In my previous post, I referenced S9 and 50 microvolts, thinking most
people on the list are not use to referencing dBm, that was my error.
After re-reading my original post I even said mV when I intended
micro..  I should have been more specific, and correct..

I do not expect the PX3 to be a precision instrument, however I am
trying to resolve and understand a 10+db error here, huge to me, which
should not exist according to the PX3 manual, but may be in the PX3
specification if its specification is +-10%.  As a side note the PX3
scale does appear to be linear, relative to dBm, i.e. the error is the
same through the usable scale..

If that is normal I can live with it, I simply want to understand if
this is what others are seeing.. and make sure this new to me PX3 is
operating correctly..

Fred Moore
email: f...@fmeco.com
       f...@safes.com