Thanks....

So, these numbers are for BARE copper, right?
Using insulated wire changes things a bunch....

For instance 18 GA THHN/THWN has an approx. dc of 2.35, XLPE has a dc of
5 or so....  As the dielectric constant gets larger, things get real....
fast.

18 GA THHN/THWN...  (dc = 2.35 approx.)

To get the same 464 Ohms, the Center to center distance must increase to
7.52 inches or so...
The impedance with the quoted 1, 2, and 3 inch "D":

1" = 305-306 Ohms

2" = 359-360 Ohms

3" = 391-392 Ohms

I use 300 Ohm, 18 GA copper twin-lead with foam over wires and some hard
plastic over that....  It's close to true 300 Ohm...

I'll have to go calculate the min size safe against various power
levels...  The separation distances get big fast with increase in the
conductor diameter, too.

73,

PS - there is an argument to be made for NOT using bare wire....  if
anything MIGHT touch the feedline...   and wet wire....   wet wire
changes performance a lot...  built with insulated wire, the changes are
MUCH smaller with wet wire...

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises
(318) 518-1389