Actually thermoplastics are NOT majority air....  I'm not an expert
here, but the dielectric constant appears to increase with thickness and
probably with density of the material.

Keep in mind that the standard insulation on THHN is 0.015"
thermoplastic (PVC) and that is covered by a 3-4 mill layer of clear
nylon to protect the insulation on conduit pulls...

I've given up trying to understand it all fully....

I've just decided to treat the entire feedline assembly from tuner
(radio) to antenna as a impedance matching network....
Bottom line....  getting the impedances in band to such a level that you
can tune it...

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises
(318) 518-1389