I'm with you, Wes. And I strongly agree with AB7E's excellent post.

The cited article does NOT say that "The Broadcast industry doesn’t seem to put their faith in Uber grounding." It DOES say that a Ufer ground done improperly can be a problem structurally. Notice also that the author "is national program manager for Copper Development Association Inc." I see nothing in the way of engineering credentials. The author quotes extensive advice from "a power quality expert, Martin Conroy," again with no credentials given. That said, Conroy's advice is pretty good, and is mostly in agreement with good engineering practice. He did not say that the Ufer ground was a bad idea, but he did recommend supplementing it with deep rods around the tower, spaced radially out from the tower, and a buried ground ring, all robustly bonded together and to the tower.

If you read the new ARRL book on Grounding and Bonding (by N0AX), you will see a recommendation for a Ufer ground within the tower base, bonded to the tower, and to multiple ground rods around the tower base, spaced at least a rod length from the tower and from each other. If the tower is close to the building, it calls for bonding between the tower ground system and the building ground. If the tower is more than 60-100 ft from the building, bonding is NOT recommended (or useful) because that bonding conductor (and the coax shield) have too much inductance to be a low impedance at RF.

I was one of several engineers who Ward consulted for peer review, and much of the book parallels my tutorial on Grounding and Bonding for ham radio.

73, Jim K9YC