With a low number serial K3, (mine is 1239) it really is important to have
kept up with the mods over the years.  One of those was the gold pins. I
kept going with these right through the new synths. Only one I didn't do
was the new IO board with the USB. If I didn't have my contest rigging
already worked out with serial boards in my PC etc, I would have upgraded
the IO board. One of those if-it-ain't-broke-don't-fix-it things. I've been
real light on SSB for other reasons, That might change things since the USB
simplifies audio transfer greatly.

Have to agree on the pins. Got an intermittent and did the gold pin mod.
That was a while ago. No recurrence.

Couple of folks I know have done a 100 percent deoxit on K3 connector pins,
so far 3, 4 years with zero recurrence. They're also very sure on proper
seating for those TMP connectors.

Good luck to all & Happy 4th.

73, Guy K2AV