In my Model S all AM/FM broadcast reception antennas are hidden in the driver-side mirror housing.

I suggest you simply make a physically small antenna that can fit under some plastic part of your car. Wayne has a Prius so it is mostly plastic bodywork providing lots of opportunities.

Then insert the small antenna into a very low loss, extremely high-k dielectric to make the physically small antenna electrically resonant at the desired frequency. If it works, patent the dielectric material!

You can then encase a typical satellite TV dish in the same dielectric and have a very directional HF beam and get around all the HOA problems for those who operate radio while NOT in their car :-)

Air as a dielectric is so 20th century...

73,

Lyle KK7P