Hi Elecraft,

and also a "high five" to David - met you on "HAM radio 2017" at QRP
project!!
Thanks for your time and the nice discussion.

Now my very special problem I try to post to the "masses" to explain
how to improve transverter work at frequencies from 23cm up to 1.5cm with
KX3.
Hopefully other OMs might have similar problems or requests.

In 2012 I ordered the KX3 - was not aware of its "nifty gifty" features -
just would like
to do shortwave and some, when available, 2m repeater work also.

in 2013 I joined the VHF-contest station "DL0LN" here in germany an its a
pleasure to
work with all the SHF guys and equipment. All transverters in these days
worked "on its own".
You have to have change cables, use one IC 202, next band another IC 202
etc.
This was a bit too much "overhead" for me.

In december 2015 I could purchase a nice transverterbox, all included, it
needs only
146 MHz drive and only one antenna. So I tried to use my good old KX3 for
these bands @146 MHz.
And: Its working! All bands are stable (after temperature compensating the
LO, see application note).

One Contestmember, Oliver, DJ2QZ and I, DL1MTG, tried to do an optimization
and spend hours
to find and configure the best settings working for SSB and CW operating.

Well, one big finding was "doing CW in SSB mode" so called *C**W-IN-SSB*.
The frequency is at
SHF contest work extremly important - a small change in freq and the QSO is
lost. Therefore
it is a pleasure to call in SSB, station is answering in CW, very weak
signal: *C**W-IN-SSB *is possible.
And now the request: station did not get my call, I have to activate
Voice-Keyer again! But stop,
He can only read my CW signal - lets activate the CW-Keyer... ups, have to
change mode from SSB to
CW - to activate CW keyer: frequency lost!!! Station lost, no QSO!! To
explain further: I also now
the "SSB/CW VFO Offset" - but this is not helpful in "transverterbusiness".

I'd like to get something like "working in SSB", hear an answer in CW,
activate memory 3 or 4 which is only
used in "*C**W-IN-SSB", *to send a CQ-Call from memory 3 or an "QRZ QRZ
DL0LN DL0LN" from
memory 4 etc. in SSB - CW-IN-SSB oc.

Its a special case. Why is it necessary to mix up SSB and CW - this ist the
only case
I know at this time:-) Hopefully other stations have similar requests?

Kind regards,
Martin, DL1MTG / DL0LN