I operated qrp exclusively for 25 years or so chasing DX and I also never
liked hearing the qrp tag on the end. To me, it was a way of trying to get
special treatment - sort of like cheating to me - and I never did it. The
thrill was in the chase and either finding someone down in the mud others
might be passing over and working them qrp or getting through pileups with
skill and not mega-power.

That said, it was fun when I worked a friend's station and got through the
pileup on the first or second call - at least for a while. Now I'm 1 watt
to 500 and I'm finally in a good place location-wise. Unfortunately, the
bands aren't so good, so I operate as conditions require.

Mike, k5wmg