Thanks to all for the sheer number and breadth of answers... Rather than answer each one, and create a huge number of posts, I will try and answer all here...

I have done all the steps outlined i the posts here before, and have tried them again today.

Output from the computer is sitting dead center, line in was sitting at 27, and the power slider on WSJT-X is sitting at 4/5th full.

I took a different sound card program, (MixW in RTTY), and I got the same behavior at 5 bars, the meter shows 5 bars, or no bars going between those conditions about once or twice a second randomly.

If I increase ANY of the audio controls it drops out of that mode, and acts just as Elecraft say to set things, just one bar higher, i.e. sits at 5 bars, and the 6th flashes...

No combination I can create of the input, or output controls will stop this.

I also tried adjusting the power controls set a 1 watt, and at 50 watts. The power control makes zero difference in how it behaves. In fact if I am in TEST TRANSMIT mode the problem shows...

Listening to the computer output via MON-- sounds perfect...

I may next get the scope out again, and start looking at things again... I doubt it is the sound card changing levels because the issue goes away if I turn up LINE IN on the K3...

I am still at a loss as to what is causing this issue. I am pretty sure it is an artifact of something happening in the K3, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z
http://www.nk7z.net