Hello
A while ago I built a KPA100 to go with my K2, but unfortunately was careless
while testing it and accidentally fed its output at a high power into a cable
with a bad, open circuit PL259 connection. Whiff of magic smoke, panic, and I
found several components in the TR switch badly scorched. The obviously damaged
items are: R21, R13 and C71, and the 1K resistor across RFC3 is black and open
circuit. RFC3 itself appears undamaged, and its inductance measures 88
micro-Henries.
My question is, please: is it ok just to replace these burnt components, or is
there likely to be further unseen damage that I should also allow for? If so
what else should I replace, or are there any special tests I can do to find out?
Thank you Harry Weston M0SOP