I'm using WSJT-X verson 1.8.0-rc2 with CAT control and having no issues.   Nothing exotic in my configuration, just using the single USB cable between the laptop computer and the radio.   I allow WSJT-X to log the contact and then I export the generated ADI file to my LOTW and QRZ.COM logs.

I've almost completed my  WAS using FT-8 mode on 6 meters.  Plus I've worked a lot of DX on other bands.    I find it is a fun, fast and very easy mode to make contacts.    Of course, if you are in to "rag chewing", forget it.  It is not a rag chew mode.

73

Bob, K4TAX