> I'll bite! What does the MP1000 provide in split that the K2
> doesn't provide
> in split mode?

Ability to hear DX and pileup simultaneously. That is very good for chasing
window where stations are getting through and you don't miss any chance to
call. With holding "REV" and tuning split TX freq you often miss the point
when DX gives "TU" and starts to listen for next one. I have been thinking
about second K2 to do this. Any experience? How to mute receiving K2 when
transmitting other? That would also permit Single Op Two Radio SO2R
operation in contests.

73 Jukka OH4MFA
K2/100 #4293