> Something else I thought about was boots for the KX1.  20W or so would
> make it handy as a slightly more potent, holiday, restricted bands, mini
> rig.  It would still be a pretty compact combo.

I bought Virgil K5OOR's HFpacker amp - 35W out. Haven't built it up yet,
but I bought it exactly with this in mind - something small but adequately
powerful to take with my KX-1.

Unfortunately, 35W is enough that the tuner becomes an issue: that's
more than the T1 is rated, and most everything else jumps to 100W
capacity and becomes much larger. Maybe the Z11?

73 de chris K6DBG