On 22/11/17 23:27, elecraft-requ...@mailman.qth.net wrote:
> Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 21:54:31 -0500
> From: "Elmore's" <wa4...@comcast.net>
> To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
> Subject: [Elecraft] FLDIGI on Raspberry Pi PTT issue with the K2
>
> Please carefully read everything that follows to avoid repetition of the
> steps followed. What I have summarized here is the result of MANY hours of
> work and extensive troubleshooting time via email with 2 incredibly helpful
> and patient hams.
>
> I have an RPi 3 with FLDIGI and WSJT-X installed.
>
> After MUCH effort over the past 6 months I have WSJT-X working. My problem
> now is that the PTT on the FLDIGI does not work.
>
> The PTT on the WSJT-X does work. It's underlying rig control is Hamlib. I am
> using the Elecraft USB to serial adapter connected to the proprietary K2
> serial cable.
>
> Note that I have successfully used the K2 with a Windows PC running FLDIGI
> and WSJT-X for some time.
>
> I have configured FLDIGI for RigCAT. It communicates with the K2 (frequency,
> mode, filter selection) but no PTT.
>
> I have also tried Hamlib but it will not initialize.
>
> During an extensive troubleshooting process over the past 3 weeks with a ham
> on the Yahoo FLDIGI RPi group I tried FLRIG. It is fully functional with the
> K2 but when I try using it with FLDIGI nothing works ? no frequency control,
> no PTT, nothing! By this I mean that I am trying to use FLDIGI for the
> control. I have verified that I have all the correct settings in both FLDIGI
> and FLRIG with the ham that has been helping me. As a sanity check I
> installed FLRIG on my Windows machine and successfully ran FLDIGI there.
>
> Has anyone had similar issues?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> 73,
> Jim WA4YWM

What version Fldigi, Flrig and Hamlib?   Also, what exact OS on the Pi?

Did you build Fldigi/Flrig from sources, or pulled from a repository?
Sadly, the repo' versions are often out of date.

The best place to ask for help, would be the LinuxHam list on Groups.io.
https://groups.io/g/linuxham

73.

    Dave G0WBX.