As to bandwidth for RX, since the transmit data is limited in bandwidth to the SSB bandwidth, I see no need to have the receiver BW any wider than the TX bandwidth.  Also, the RX low end likely doesn't need to be any lower than the TX bandwidth low end roll off.  Of course if you have SPLIT selected in the software then the TX can effectively operate lower by shifting the VFO accordingly.

73

Bob, K4TAX