From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> on
behalf of brian <als...@comcast.net>
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2018 9:35 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Long wire antennas MORE

Just for kicks, I modeled it with a 1/4 wave counter poise up 12' up
from ground. 14 MHz.

Unfortunately where ground is a question.  What the parameters for
"ground" is a good question.  Snow doesn't look like earth.

Anyhow the impedance came out 11470 ohms +j 17880.
The horizontal antenna pattern was along the axis with a beam width of
3.8 degrees and a gain of almost 15 db

The vertical pattern peaked at 3 degrees and straight up 5 dB down.

73 de Brian/K3KO

Message delivered to fc...@montana.edu